Thursday, February 20, 2014

Universal Expression ~ The Flower of Life

 
   One of the most fascinating visuals I have ever laid eyes on, is the Flower of Life. This geometrical design is a visual representation of creation itself. If you look deep enough at creation taking place in the natural world, you will see this pattern emerge. This pattern is found everywhere including the creation of planets, stars, galaxies and the entire universe! Whether the pattern is there mathematically, or visually, you will always find it. Such is the case with mitosis! That's right, the Flower of life was involved in the creation of you and me! Even if, like me, you are NOT so much a Biology scholar, it is pretty amazing to see mitosis occurring under a microscope.
   This beautiful and sacred pattern has been understood by humans since antiquity. It has been recorded by ancient humans in stone carvings, cave paintings and there was even a secret school dedicated to the study of sacred geometry in ancient Greece. The Flower of Life pattern is a fascinating concept that is valid in science, mathematics, and even art!  If you were to draw a Flower of Life pattern, from there you will discover all five of the Platonic Solids hidden within and if you combine the Flower of Life pattern with all five Platonic Solids, you get something called Metatron's Cube

   By studying and drawing the Flower of Life, I have opened myself up to an immense amount of information. I just cannot get enough! Not only does this pattern offer information about creation, but it has led me on a path of many other sacred geometric discoveries. Things like: Vesica Piscis, the Fibonacci Spiral, The seed, fruit and tree of life, the Platonic Solids, Metatron's cube, Fractal patterns and many more.  Since discovering the Flower of Life pattern, I have expanded my understanding of geometry significantly and I feel that it has encouraged me artistically. 

   In my own painting of the Flower of Life, I chose to depict it without the usual, encapsulating zona pellucida and instead chose to set the pattern free. I show this pattern in perpetual expansion in all directions, allowing it to create it's wonderment, forever.
~Universal Expression~ Available on etsy.com

   If I have awakened your sense of wonder and you would like to study the Flower of Life and sacred geometry further, I'd like to help you begin your journey with this video. Patchman has an incredible ability to explain things in a visually stimulating way. Spirit Science and it's creator have been hugely inspiring in my own studies and I harbor a deep love for both! 

Spirit Science 6 ~ Flower of Life

Thank you, and many blessings on your journey!
-Rev. Raven Behr








No comments:

Post a Comment